The Misandrous Narrative Hidden in Transgender Bathroom Debates

1401x788-42-25816125
  1. Svetlana Voreskova says:

Nobody that I know of (apart from feminists) is suggesting that men are predisposed to rape and that therefore they will now begin flocking to female restrooms in order to molest women. The suggestion I have heard is that some men are dysfunctional and that opening up restrooms and locker-rooms to all, will attract them. After all a restroom is somewhere which is usually secluded, there are no cameras and a woman is often in there alone and at her most vulnerable.

But this discussion goes a lot deeper than bathrooms anyway. It is about societal and even legal precedents. Are we as a society prepared to set a precedent where an individual can claim to be whatever they want to be, and that their claim must be accepted by everybody else including in some cases the courts? Do we set a precedent whereby we must respect and accept any individual’s definition of reality, no matter how bizarre or ill-defined? Do we accept a society where there is no longer any such thing as objective reality?

Gender Identity Disorder has generally been treated as a psychological condition because that is what it is; self-delusion – an inability to accept reality.

There are also enormous issues around encouraging this condition to be accepted as normal. People with mental conditions should be sympathised with of course, but certainly not encouraged in their delusions.

None of this is any kind of Men’s rights / feminist issue.

1. ChandraSekhar says:

Re: “Nobody that I know of (apart from feminists) is suggesting that men are predisposed to rape and that therefore they will now begin flocking to female restrooms in order to molest women. The suggestion I have heard is that some men are dysfunctional and that opening up restrooms and locker-rooms to all, will attract them.”

Really?
      FOX NEWS

Mike Huckabee: A boy can say: “I am really feeling my girls side today”, and he gets to shower with the girls when he’s 14″
      Fox Morning chick says that a grown man with bad intentions can dress as a woman and goes into the bathroom.

Greg Gutfield: “As a devious teen growing up, I would tell girls that I am a girl trapped in a boys body just so I can sneak into the girls bathroom”

None of them are saying :”some men are dysfunctional”. Let alone talk about “Gender Identity Disorder”.
      Its all about protecting the girls from “bad boys” and
      “big bad men”. Typical conservative tradcons.

2. Bob Loblaw says:

Do you have any evidence that a disproportionate amount of rapes/sexual assaults occur in unisex bathrooms? Because all I’ve heard is isolated anecdotes.

This one time girl was chocked in a bathroom in Chicago, so lets have gender segregated bathrooms.
      This one time a woman killed her baby, so lets segregate mothers from children; automatic father custody.
      This one time a hispanic guy punched a white guy on a sidewalk, so let’s have race segregated sidewalks.

3. tamerlame says:

“The reason that the discussion is generally about men in women’s restrooms and not the other way around is two-fold. First the average man is far more physically powerful than the average woman. Second the vast majority of people who claim to be “trans-gender” (whatever that means) are male.”

Anyone who is anti male always brings up the irreverent part about men being stronger than women. What has that got to do with anything?

Women have more social power than men, so they are the ones more dangerous than men.

I think I speak for all the men here when I say we would really appreciate it if you could go away and preferably not come back.

2. Burn Adams says:

Rape and sexual assault are crimes of opportunity.

When men have the LEGAL RIGHT to enter women showers and bathrooms, the opportunity for these crimes increase astronomically.

1. DARTH REVAN says:

Because rape/assault is male right ? Exactly the kind of feminist/gynocentric thinking the article is critical
      of.

2. TheKangarooBoxer says:

That’s a familiar line of thinking. Kind of rings of “men will rape anywhere”. When a lot of it is pre-meditated. You’re still spinning the “Men commit rape” line.

No, no, don’t worry about a (genetically)female adult going into the bathroom where your 8 year old son is going to the bathroom. where there are unirnals, where she will actually see his penis, because men’s privacy isn’t valued as much.

3. tamerlame says:

Horse shit mental defect, it is easy to go into a girls bathroom, I have been when the male toilets are blocked up.

3. Anon says:

Bathroom segregation laws exist primarily as a response to voyeurism. The vast majority of people in society are heterosexual, and thus the vast majority of these perpetrators are heterosexual and require access to the bathroom of the opposite sex to engage in these activities. By rendering this illegal, it is relatively easy for them to be caught and prosecuted. Considering advances in hidden cameras, forbidding access is pretty much a necessity to reliably stop them.

The argument remains salient regardless of any potential gender disparities in incidence of perpetration.

4. The Reservoir says:

It is clear that narrative in this issue will also be constructed in such a way that the blame and shame goes to men.

The thing is that women want monopoly over victimhood. This is how they they achieve men’s sympathy and also moral superiority over them.

Any man or any article even slightly suggesting that men are the real victims of traditional gynocentrism will be necessarily be attacked or trolled by sisterhood.

If a woman is traditionalist she is a victim of liberalism because men are not marrying to her.

If a woman is liberal she is a victim of traditionalism, because it sees women inferior than men.

If a woman is feminist she is a victim of patriarchy.

If a woman is Anti-feminist she is a victim of feminism.

Women must always be victim. So in this case men are clearly emphasized as immoral beings but some feminist or ant-feminist women will still try to hide this misandry. Actually they are saying you to suck it up what’s happening on the ground and go attack Anita Sarkeesian, just like their MRA dogs.

1. Ergeniz says:

Well said. I only recently caught on to the last one; I always knew something was off with female “red pillers” and “MRAs”. The main statement was how they always attempted to divert attention away from men’s issues or obfuscate the discussions by such arguments as “Men have it bad, but so do women! Feminism has harmed us ALL and turned women against men”.

Which not only attempts to frame women into the victim role it also asserts that women have no responsibility or are culpable for their actions. It also hints that women and society would rather not address men’s problems and focus on what’s ‘important’ (ie. women).

This is yet another reason I find it impossible to consider any woman an ally to men’s rights. Invariably, they will always try to subvert the situation and turn any problems into their own. See also arguments made about circumcision, men going to war, etc. No matter how nonsensical, women will say whatever problems befall males ultimately affect them.

5. Once again Barbarosssa, you have missed what is truly oppressing men these days. It is not selective service, the high sentencing rate of men to prison or the factoid that men die earlier than women. It is the lack of equal access to bidets. Now I doubt you know what it is like to have a woman in your life because, as I’ve heard from the most honorable Fidelbogen, the only lady in your life was a rescue dog from the SPCA. Good thing dogs have telepathic ability and she could read that you were a misogynist. She ran back to the SPCA and you were not allowed to keep her. If you want a classy feMRA like Typhone Blue, Girl Writes What or Judgy Bitch to give you the time of day, you need to clean up that mangina of yours. Now excuse me while I go to the ladies room at Target, manginal cleanliness knows no gender.

Hillary 2016!

1. Sweet Sorrow999 says:

You are just precious.

6. Benito says:

My whole beef with the issue is that women can enter a public men’s room. Fuck that. I know they do it already sometimes, but the public men’s room is practically our only male space away from bitches. No girls allowed.

1. Karen says:

Oh, hai Benito…

I only went in the men’s room because there was a long line. Saw ya at the urinal, well, little Musilini is reallly wittle. I had to pull out my cell phone and snap a pic. And you believed me when I said I was only checking a text. Stupid man. Stupid Little Man!

1. Benito says:

She wants me.

1. Karen says:

Trust me, little Musilini, I saw what you were, ahem, packing, and ahem, well unless you could make up for it with good oral, there’s nothing worse than a man boy with a widdle weewee. But you pathetic men, if you could be one tenth as excited when you give a goddess cunnilingus as when you eat a slice of pizza we wouldn’t be having this discussion. The human race will be much better of when we sex select men for abortion and only allow the top 2% of men to reproduce.

1. Benito says:

Pizza over rotting beef curtains all day.

2. Benito says:

Actually, putting pizza on your rancid pussy will probably help with your cunnilingus problem, but then the pizza will be ruined.

7. Karen says:

“Pizza over rotting beef curtains all day.”

you worthless fucking misogynist. How many pooches have died because you refused to perform your duty as a man and their feminist owners needed a lick???

I’m surprized they haven’t put up posters telling men that just because a woman enters the men’s room doesn’t mean she’s looking for dick.

1. Karen says:

Maxie Pad,

Just because I enter a men’s room does not mean I am looking for dick, but it doesn’t mean I ain’t looking at dick. You misogynist’s go on your long tirades about how female comics aren’t funny. Well, I might as well get a laugh at you expense… …or is it shortcomings…

Did I just make a funny? I’m laughing just like I’d laugh at your little prick.

1. felix says:

why are you obsessed with small dicks?

1. Karen says:

as if you didn’t know Felix…

I followed you over from the small penis humiliation forum. Now pay your domintarix her due bitch!

1. felix says:

u mad

2. Benito says:

The only reason you enter a men’s room is to blow coke off a toilet with your next john at some local dive bar. You probably have herpes

1. Karen says:

widdle Musilini, how would I get herpes when the only thing I touch is your ugly face with my stilleto heel. Now remember the ultimate form of feminism-financial humiliation, gimme, bitch, gimme….

1. Benito says:

9. Karen says:

“Give you what? STDs? You have them all, plus I haven’t STDs to give. They’re not to be had as a badge of honor, but hey, it’s 2016.”

Reading comprehension isn’t exactly your strong suit. Muh wayge gap, muh wayge gap studmuffin. How come you stupid, filthy men always complain of your dyslexia and aspergers? I just saw $400 deposited into my paypal. You had to flip allot of burgers for that, eh, studmuffin???

1. Benito says:

Studmuffin? What are you 57? I appreciate the compliment, but I don’t do fat gangly whores.

10. dudeschmock says:

To be honest, I rather would go into the woods, than enter a female Restroom. What a dreaded place that is..

1. tamerlame says:

Women’s toilets smell funny lol

1. dudeschmock says:

As a Teen I worked in small Restaurant, and part of my duties was cleaning up the Restrooms as well. And without a doubt, the female ones were always the worse ones. Dreadful memories 😡